Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dear Great Grandma

I'm sorry for all I never said,
I'm sorry for all the visits I never made,
I'm sorry that our family is so fucked up, and you had no idea,
actually I'm not sorry for that, I wanted you to believe we were all happy.
I'm sorry that I will never recieve a $15.00 Sears gift certificate at birthdays and holidays anymore, all though you would be happy to know I have every one you have given me since I was 12, and they are all expired,
I wanted to keep them to remember you.
I'm sorry that I didn't make you laugh as often as you deserved,
I'm sorry that the phone calls weren't routine at all.
I'm sorry if you were ever disappointed by anything I did,
I'm greatful that you have gotten to live a long fulfilling life.
You have seen so many amazing things through the times,
and you have survived through so much.
You are a beautiful and strong woman,
and I will always look up to you, and only hope
to be as wonderful and as strong as you are.
I love you Great Grandma,
I know the best angels will guide you in.

No comments: